Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family Happenings

It has been a full summer for my family. I have three older siblings that all magically ended up living in Seattle, to my parent's dismay. So where did I go this summer? Seattle, for two months. I got to live with my sister, her husband, and their little boy. Luckily my brother and his wife live a few blocks away and my oldest sister, her husband, and their niƱos are also a short walk away. So it's not too fun for me to live on the opposite coast but it's always a great time when I visit. It was an awesome summer to live in the city. Unfortunately my oldest sister and her family had to spend a month in Baltimore due to health concerns, but they all made it back for the birth of grandchild #4, Caleb James! What a way to begin a life. The birth was at home around 1:45am; soft lighting, Sigur Ros playing, and a very calm and peaceful birthing team. It was my first time experiencing a birth and I cannot find the words to adequately describe what the experience was like. So here are a few photos of my last few days in Seattle, with the family enjoying member #13.
Peace, Kate J Miller

My nephew Caden, almost one year old!

Cuddle moments with the new soul

My Dad bonding with Caleb a few hours after the birth

Steph, about two hours after having Caleb

Papa and Caleb

My oldest sister, Mandy and her son

Micah, the big brother

Parents

Tigert Family

No comments:

Post a Comment